Neil gave me access to post here. I figure that anyone reading this will want to see actual content and not just a test post. So here are some things I learned during a business trip to Alabama last week.
- Dothan, AL is home to the National Peanut Festival.
- There are lots of place names that are fun to say in Alabama. For example, the city of Tuscaloosa is near two rivers: the Coosa and the Tallapoosa. 
- There are certain phrases that really let you know you’re in the south. I mean, I live in New Jersey, and I say “y’all”, so that’s not a good sign. But when someone tells you that they’re “fixin’ to” do something, or they “reckon” on doing something, you really know you’re in the south.
- If you accidentally grab the wrong bottle on the way to the shower, it doesn’t matter how much of it you use. Moisturizer will never foam up like body wash.
- It’s really fun to hear someone with a heavy Alabama accent imitating someone from New York.
 = Martha has also been to Wichita and Altoona, both of which are great fun to say out loud. –Neil